HPI 109299 RTR Sprint to Sport 1969 Mustan RTR-X
The RTR Sprint 2 Sport is ready to tackle wet conditions! The waterproof 2.4GHz receiver is fitted inside an enclosed receiver box and the SS-20WR water-resistant steering servo and SC-3SWP2 waterproof electronic speed controller complete the package, allowing you to enjoy the action on the road no matter what the weather is like!
All of the latest HPI kits are now fitted with a comfortable and feature-packed HPI 2.4GHz radio system for supreme control and confidence! The radio features a pistol-grip design with steering wheel for ease of use and realistic control, compact size, servo reversing and a light weight due to it requiring only four AA batteries. You won’t have to worry about radio crystals or what channel other RC racers are using with our 2.4GHz technology – the radio does all that work for you! The radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically and changes channels if there is any interference. Finally, if you ever lose radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop. You’ll have professional-level control in one easy RTR package!
The RTR Sprint 2 Sport features a pre-painted 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X muscle car body with authentic detailing and decals. The body comes completely trimmed and mounted for the ultimate in ease, and a functional racing wing is fitted for supreme control at all speeds. You’ll have concours quality appearance, and you can always customize your car with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and other manufacturers as well! This kit is supplied with a set of awesome wheels fitted with HPI X-Pattern tyres, AND you get another complete set of wheels fitted with HPI drift tyres, too! You can enjoy grip and drift driving with one kit!
The RTR Sprint 2 Sport chassis features a host of racing and durability features, as well as the capability for race tuning, should you want to hit the track! This car also has the exact same drivetrain as our Sprint 2 Flux, so it can handle some serious power – this means that it’s durable enough to handle just about anything you can throw into it. Read on for more details!
The drivetrain of the Sprint 2 features dual drive belts and rubber-shielded ball bearings for the ultimate in durability and efficiency. From the mid-mounted motor and spur gear, the layshaft and center pulleys gets the power to gear diffs front and rear through sturdy drive belts which are made from urethane for extreme durability and wear resistance.
Fully Independent Suspension
The suspension built into the Sprint 2 allows for complete flexibility and easy, neutral driving characteristics through the use of four-wheel independent suspension with dual-wishbone design, just like modern full-size supercars. Real oil-filled racing shocks provide consistent damping action for fantastic grip and control.
Built into the Sprint 2 design is the capability to completely custom-tune the handling to suit your particular driving style, or emulate the type of driving you’re into, whether it’s road course, gymkhana, drift and more. Use camber link and shock mount locations, widen the track of the car, change the camber and caster, alter the Ackerman and even adjust droop and ride height!
Just like all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your car for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware.
From the authentic sports car looks to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the RTR Sprint 2 Sport is the complete package. 2.4GHz radio, full ball bearings, water-resistant electronics, silicone oil-filled shocks – it’s all there on the RTR Sprint 2 Sport, precision built from the factory!
- Officially licensed 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X muscle car body
- Officially licensed by Ford and Vaughn Gittin
- Two complete sets of custom green wheels with one set of drift tyres and one set of grip tyres
- 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free, comfortable control
- Waterproof SC-3SWP2 3S-ready electronic speed control with LiPo safety cut-off
- Water-resistant SS-20WR steering servo
- Waterproof receiver fitted in enclosed receiver box
- Orange anodized aluminium chassis parts
- Two sets of wheels and tyres provided for grip and drift fun
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
- Adjustable body posts allow you to mount a variety of different bodies without trimming or replacing the posts
- Adjustable turnbuckles to fine tune your suspension
- Complete set of ball bearings for a smooth and efficient drivetrain
- Oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers
- 2 degree and 3 degree rear hubs for additional tuning choices
- Durable injected moulded nylon main chassis
- Front and rear shock towers with optimized shock absorber and camber link positions for ideal suspension geometry
- Optional low profile front shock tower is included in the kit which allows the use of the full range of HPI 190mm to 210mm wide bodies
- Droop screws allow you to “race tune” your suspension settings
- Precise bellcrank steering